In week 7, I was a bit confused about what I should do for my proposition. I was also confused about the different practice type as well. I thought of making a data visualisation to let people be aware of how same-sex couples have to go through. However, after long hours of research, it is not possible to find enough data on how many same-sex couples had gone oversea to marriage or where do they go.
In week 8, everything is kind of fall into places. I had ideas for my 3 visuals which was really useful for this tutorial. I got a really good solution for me to go with that direction and here is the details.
Project: One Way Ticket
Practice Type: Data Visualisation
- To create an awareness for people to understand how same-sex couples had to get married oversea
- To maybe change perspective of people who against marriage equality
- To give a general knowledge of countries that have legalised same-sex marriage
- To show how much they have travelled and spent to find home where they are accepted
- Same-sex couples could not get married in their own country (Australia) so significant number of couples have immigrated to oversea where same-sex marriage is accepted to married and live.
- They have to travel for very long distances and spend a lot of money to get to their destination.
- Some of their families cannot join their special day because of varies of issues.
- Data that will need to be collected (countries where same-sex marriage is legal, distance from here to there, one-way plane ticket price, hours to get there)
- Design will be in boarding pass form to give a feeling of a plane ticket
- Data will be on the back of the boarding pass
- Some facts
- Will be printed out and give out to people.
The Possible Change:
- Support same-sex couples who have gone through a big decision and go oversea
- Support LGBTIQ community emotively
- Change anti-same-sex marriage people views on Same-sex couples
- Hopefully a PLEBISCITE.